I had to choose two words from a folded paper of nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. I was then assigned to make a sentence out of the words I got, the sentence can be up to 10-15 words. I came up with two sentences. I thought it was challenging at the start to come up with a sentence from the words I got, however after creating the first sentence I found it easier than I thought which lead me into making another sentence.
I chose to work with the first sentence, because I found it weird and funny. I then had to translate my sentence into Arabic, which was the challenging part. At the start I translated the words I knew, and for the words I didn’t know I used google translate, which was a bad idea because a words could have multiple meanings and I got a few different meanings which made me question which one fits better, I tried my best putting the sentence together. As I wasn’t sure about the translation, I showed it to some of my classmates, and they said that it looked fine.
I then had to choose serif, san serif, koufi and nask (25 latin 25 arabic), to test my sentences with. I had to test them in different sizes, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, and apply the character length where 25, 35, 45, 55, 64, 75 words had to be one line, use the tracking tool -100, -50, 0, 50, 100, alignment of the sentence, set in bold, italic, regular, all caps small caps, color C= 100 M= 50 Y= 25 K=25.
During class, we had to pic our two favorite and put it up for a critique. We discussed how some sentences worked and how some didn’t. For example, some of the sentences that students choose had a heavy tracking, which made all the words very close and was hard to read. We discussed the things that we should avoid, and the simpler it is the better, and the more readable it is.My favourite fonts where the larger in size, as it was readable and clear, especially for the arabic, I like the ones that are 14 in size.